SAND FLUSH 4.5kg
SAND FLUSH 4.5kg
An all-natural psyllium pellet to aid in the clearance of sand from the gastiointestinal tract of horses. SAND FLUSH is made in Western Australia in a Feedsafe accredited facility.
The main ingredient of SAND FLUSH is psyllium husk.
Psyllium husk is derived from the seed of the plant, Plantago ovata
- Psyllium husk is a highly soluble fibre which allows to absorb a large amount of water in the gastrointestinal system.
- As sand flush pellets absorb water in the intestines, a soft, sticky gel is formed (see picture below).
- As the psyllium gel moves through the intestines, it will pick up sand which will then pass out in the manure.
- SAND FLUSH has been FeedTested low in sugar - WSC 13.6%
- SAND FLUSH is made from natural ingredients including molasses and salt. It does not contain artificial colours or flavours. As a result, there will be natural variations in the color, texture and appearance in the pellets between batches.
- Available in the following sizes : 1.5kg, 4.5kg, 15kg
We’ve been feeding sand flush for 2 years now and havent looked back. It gives us piece of mind especially living in a very sandy state of the country. Very simple to mix in with feed and is palatable! My vet actually recommends monthly psyllium husk administration rather than the old school oil drenching for colic prevention. Everyones happy!!
On my second bag of 4.5kg Sand Flush. So far, my 6 are all colic free! My horses, ponies and donkey all love the taste, no claggy mouths, the pellets are easy to feed.
Easy to feed, Sandflush has been introduced to my family of horses, ponies and a donkey to prevent 'sand colic' successfully this year. Hoping that through Summer we will be 'colic free', and have healthy, happy animals as an ongoing regime for the rest of their lives.